Sunday 11 September 2016

How It All Got Started

I have always had some interest in the divined, spirits, and associated tools such as tarot but that was all it was. Just an interest. Until one day, my eldest son took and odd interest into a show I was watching. This show was of a girl who could see things that her friends couldn't. My kid sat down and asked questions after questions about why she can see, and why the others couldn't and could others also see. Honestly he spoke more then all the dialogue combined from that show.I explained to him that she had special abilities that the others didn't and it was left to that.

The next day, we were drawing in his room and he said to me "Mom, I can see ghosts and I don't like it."

By the way, none of the parenting books I ever came across covers how to handle a comment like that.Although internally I was thinking to myself (WHAT IN THE WORLD!!!....) externally, while continuing to draw I calmly replied "Well Honey, if you can see ghosts it means you have strong abilities, and if you have strong abilities it means you are surrounded by strong angels. If you don't like the ghosts, ask the angels to send them away." In truth I am not sure how to answer him and I am feeling unequipped.

I got the contact for a local medium through someone I knew who had visit her and made an appointment to have my kid meet with her.

When we got there, she asked him a few questions about school and random kid life stuff. Five minutes into it she turned to me and said "Oh Ya!!! The strongest I've seen in a child so far."

Oh Great!

She asked him about what he could see. He saw them in his room which is one of the reason that during that summer he tried to mostly sleep in his brother's room or on the couch. He's seen them at school and other random area. She asked him whether he thought she could see them too, to which he agrees. She asked if he thought my mother-in-law and myself could see them. To which he said no. She asked him if his little brother could see and to that he said "Oh no. He can't see ANYTHING!" She asked if anyone at school could see, and he agree there was one kid in his classroom who could.

My father-in-law had recently passed away and she asked if he sometimes saw or felt him. To which he confirmed. She said "Well he is here now, why don't we all close our eyes and see who can feel him" We sat in silence for a few moments taking deep breath. She then asked "Ok, so who felt him?" and like a good little school boy my eldest put up his hand. I didn't feel a thing. Later that day I asked him how his Papa felt, if it was a tingle. He said "No Mom, it felt like this" and then he placed his hands on my shoulders.

The medium spent some time explaining just how special his gift is and the fulfillment of learning to embrace it. She also showed him how to block it so that he would be empowered to choose for himself.

Before we left, she guided us in an exercise to test our abilities. We closed our eyes, rubbed our hands together, held them far apart and slowly brought them together until we could feel an energy force creating resistance between the hands. At which point we opened our eyes and looked at how far away our hands were. I had my own hands about shoulder width apart and I could feel a pulsing bouncing from one hand to the other. My eldest was in a similar position and my youngest had his hands pressed tightly together.

She looked at me and said "I thought you said you didn't have any abilities?" I replied "Well I don't see ghosts" She told me, "You have pretty powerful abilities yourself, if you ever decide to, you can develop them."

I've been working towards that ever since by reading, learning, taking Tarot Reading courses, Reiki Training and so on. Mostly so that I am better equipped to support my child.


No comments:

Post a Comment