Friday 18 November 2016

Spread It Up

I am a big fan of spreads when reading tarot cards. I know a lot of readers like to pull three cards and add to it if they feel the need. They do get great results with that technique. Tarot cards are adaptable that way.

I personally like a more structured reading. I plan my spreads ahead of the reading. I find it gives my cards a stronger voice. One card can now have many different interpretations.

Let me show you what I mean. I am a member of different tarot readers group on Facebook. Readers will often share a picture of their 3 cards and ask the other members for their take on the reading without associating a position to any cards.


So imagine this was the picture shared. How would you read it without a spread?

"You are facing some disagreement and adversity, but you have good friends around you. You are looking at things from a new perspective. Give in or let go."

But what if if was a Past-Present-Future spread?

"You were in a disagreement and your belief where challenged and felt you had to defend your position. Things worked out and you are now celebrating. But it will be important not to gloat and let the issue go. Take the time to see things in a new perspective."

If the spread was You Now - To Avoid - To Embrace.

"You are facing some disagreements and adversity. This is not the time to take things lightly be careful who is surrounding you and where you get your advice from. You will need to see things from a new point of view and be prepared to let things go to get the best resolution."

All the same cards, but when in the context of different spreads they are saying different things. There cards when applied to a different spread can have a multitude of different meaning.

It's my personal belief that a well crafted and selected spread will reveal the most insight. Hence my fascination with spreads.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment